Tuesday, July 18, 2006

5th

The France-Italy finals fell on a day that was quite special for both of us, so Randy made reservations at Vivere Skyline (thanks Donna, for the recommendation! It was really romantic! Luckily, I wore a dress that day, just like you said I should if I went there). The view was fantastic from the top!.. Southsuper, Alabang-Zapote Rd., Metropolis, and ATC!) I absolutely loved the food, I even got a cute toy (Randy and I could not agree on what it is…) from ordering the drink of the day. The service was also very pleasant.

We went down to the lobby at around 930pm, and went up again at around 1230am to get good seats for the game. As other guests started arriving an hour later, we of course took more pix! Once again, I experienced the thrill amongst football fanatics, and I was happy to see that Randy was genuinely enjoying himself.

And then it happened.. the infamous headbutt. Italy fans rejoiced, France fans were dejected (Randy included), but the issue was far from over. However, we had to leave because it was already Monday 6am, and we both had to go to work, smelling of smoke and without proper sleep. I was asleep half the time in the office that day, but I was happy. We even saw each other again that night to continue our “celebration”...


I was grateful to Randy for making all the special arrangements that night at Vivere.. and for letting me into “his” world…I wanted to know more about his interests as I possibly could, and it surprised me that football was not so bad after all. He said that it was not as popular as basketball here in the Philippines because our influences were mostly American and not European, and that were used to the run-and-gun game of basketball, and not yet as patient as a long game like football. No matter, basketball and football are both sports that bring together fans young and old, male and female, Filipino and other nationalities.. that even if there were losers and winners, the experience of playing the game (and watching) would be worth more lessons than anything.

No comments: