Wednesday, October 24, 2007

close brush

It has been raining the past few days, so everyone should be careful on the road. Even Rands' kuya figured in an accident this week. I had my own experience too.

About two weeks ago, on my way home, I headed to the usual terminal in Alabang. There were already people waiting in line for the next bus, because the present bus was almost full ("Dalawa nalang!"), and they did not want to sit at the back. I thought, what the heck, I don't mind, so I got in. When I reached the back, there was a fellow employee from our school! It was sort of a pleasant surprise.

So the bus went on its way... The conductor started giving out tickets from the front, a lady stood at the middle for a "pangangaral", and a baby was crying softly... that was the last I heard before... you know, I fell asleep (as always!). I half-awoke when the bus ascended the skyway ramp and the conductor was two rows away from us ... then a few moments later, we heard something burst at the rear part of the bus. I felt the bus swerve abruptly to the left, and the women screamed... Suddenly, we were at a complete stop. The rear tire of the bus had burst.

I was jolted fully awake by this time, and my fellow employee looked a little shocked. "Buti nalang dala ko 'tong bigay ni Ms. Balgos," and he showed me a rosary dangling from his pocket. I also heard someone say, "Buti nalang may nangangaral dyan, abutan nyo kahit barya." Then we all got off the bus. When I reached the door, it was then that the situation hit me ... we were right at the edge of the skyway!

This part of the skyway had a "sidewalk-type" of structure, about one-foot wide, before the edge of the railing. According to some of the passengers, if we had been on the rightmost lane when the tire burst, there would be no other way for us but through the railings and down into the highway below, a good 30-40 feet!

I must admit my knees were shaking a bit while we were waiting for another bus to pick us up, but my fellow employee was a little more shocked than I was (because I was actually asleep when it happened), because he got off with me at Magallanes so he can take the MRT instead, "Parang na-trauma ata ako, pag nagbbrake, kinakabahan ako."

Divine intervention ... there is no other explanation for what happened. We were not even going fast enough for a big accident. A lady preaching the word, a baby that people in general consider as an angel, many passengers who are believers and some may actually be praying during that time... all of these saved us. I am quite lucky, there is no other explanation for it ... we were saved.

2 comments:

MrsPartyGirl said...

hey starbabe, are you ok na? i hope you've shaken this close brush off na. god loves you talaga, that's what it is. :)

The Gentle Woman said...

Hi there Nades!

My,it's a good thing your guardian angel is always with you. God loves you so much you know.

But don't forget this. Cite even a simple prayer before going home or going to work. It helps a lot. Take care starbabe!