Monday, April 17, 2006

6750 whoa!

"Seminar on blogging??"
When I was offered one of the slots to this seminar, my first thought was "bummer..." since it would be held right after the Holy Week when we should have been on summer break already. However, it occurred to me that it would be interesting, since I know very little about it practically. Besides, my boss said it would come in handy in our line of work...assessment ---journal writing and all that.

In the Microsoft office on the 16th floor of the 6750 building (with the Starbucks under it, whoa!), Flu, Shiela, and I were warmly received by the people from digitalfilipino.com. From the minute we were given a brief introduction on 'Blogging 101' by Ms. Toral (she showed us different personal and professional blog sites), to the orientation on a 'Safe and Legal Digital World' by the BSA (there were at least 5 ways to commit software piracy, and you can actually be fined and imprisoned!), to the 'awarding' of our school's trophy and medals, the whole morning was quite interesting.

I am definitely looking forward to sharing more of my knowledge from this seminar (to people who are interested, that is..).

No comments: